struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Loschen" <Chris.Losc...@Siebel.com>
Subject Using RBAC and tiles to dynamically display menu items
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:45:44 GMT
Hi experts!

We're using struts 1.1 and rbac 2.0a.

We have some menu items set up like this in our tiles-defs.xml file:

			<bean id="Hierarchy"
classtype="com.xxx.core.menus.RITilesMenuBean">
				<set-property property="roles"
value="ALL_ADMIN"/>
				<set-property property="key"
value="tiles.tabs.myAccount.Hierarchy"/>
				<set-property property="orgTypes"
value=""/>
				<set-property property="value"
value="tiles.subtabs.myAccount.hierarchyTab"/>
				<set-property property="link"
value="/hierarchy/billing/main.do"/>
			</bean>

This used to work, and it would not display the Hierarchy tab if the
user was a User, not an Administrator. The only change I'm sure of is
that we used to have the key and value properties hard-coded as
"Hierarchy" before implementing i18n in our current version of the
software. It's not working now: we're displaying the Hierarchy tab for
users no matter what their role might be.

I've tried replacing the key so that it matches the value and I've tried
putting "Hierarchy" back in the key property, and neither of those
seemed to make any difference. I don't have the source code for rbac, so
my debugging hasn't given me much help. I also tried googling for
information, but haven't found anything useful yet.

Does anyone have any ideas for me, or what other information I could
provide? Thanks for your help!

Yours,

Chris Loschen

Siebel
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Visit www.siebel.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential
and/or privileged information belonging to Siebel Systems, Inc. or its customers or partners.
Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all soft and hard copies of the message and any attachments. Thank
you for your cooperation.