struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Voxland" <nat...@sundog.net>
Subject RE: Is the best way to have multiplestruts-config.xmlandtiles-defs.xml files, modules?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:17:09 GMT
I'll also put in another plug for Hoople (http://www.sundog.net/hoople/)
here, since this is exactly the problem it tries to solve.  It allows
you to break up your struts-config to the point where there is one
struts-config file per action mapping.  Each of the struts-config
fragments get stored in the document root where the action mapping
points to so they are easy to find and manage.  You then run an Ant task
that merges them all into the one struts-config file that struts looks
for.

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Preston CRAWFORD [mailto:Preston.Crawford@state.or.us]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 4:45 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is the best way to have
multiplestruts-config.xmlandtiles-defs.xml files, modules?

Oooh. I like that. That works relatively well so far, although it's not
picking up on my secondary tiles-defs.xml file.

Preston

>>> java@wendysmoak.com 10/11/2005 2:26:22 PM >>>
From: "Preston CRAWFORD" <Preston.Crawford@state.or.us>

> I've done this in the past. Used modules to logically (and for the
sake
> of having sane config files) break up these config files. However
I'm
> wondering if anyone avoids using modules and maybe merges the files
> using ANT or something?

You can have multiple Struts config files without using modules:
   http://www.mail-archive.com/user@struts.apache.org/msg32270.html

http://struts.apache.org/api/org/apache/struts/action/ActionServlet.html

config - Comma-separated list of context-relative path(s) to the XML
resource(s) containing the configuration information for the default
module.
(Multiple files support since Struts 1.1) [/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml].

--
Wendy Smoak