struts-user mailing list archives

From "John Andrews" <john.andr...@in1solutions.com>
Subject RE: action class not being called for repeat initial requests when using validation
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:46:27 GMT
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Basically the problem that I have is that my action class is only being
called intermittently - the rest of the time  I am just being sent straight
to the jsp that I want to display - without ever getting into the action
class. This is causing a major problem since the action class is neccessary
to populate the form's formbean correctly.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: 12 October 2005 17:00
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: action class not being called for repeat initial requests
when using validation

John
There are a number of solutions I would suggest looking at JBuilder doc
located at
http://bdn.borland.com/borcon2004/article/paper/0,1963,32246,00.html

the fastest way is for your button to route to your jsp page is to route to
the page identified by the action mapping in struts-config.xml For example
here is a form which routes to logon page URI when username, password are
satisfied and submit is called
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %><html:form
action="logon.do" focus="userName"><br>        User Name: <html:text
maxlength="16" property="userName" size="16"/><br />        Password:
value="Submit" property="Submit"/><html:reset value="Reset"/></html:form>you
could also place in a html:link to forward such as <html:link
forward="Home">
whereas Home idenitifies a URI which you will link to
from the definition associated with 'home' in the Global forwards defined in
struts-config.xml
HTH,
Martin-