struts-user mailing list archives

From gram...@intellicare.com
Subject Re: findforward w/session objects
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:40:29 GMT
Chris Pat <cpanon@yahoo.com> wrote on 10/12/2005 11:29:41 AM:

> Hi Geeta, et. al
> I typed too soon.  I am still getting a servlet error

What error are you getting? That String file below is null? Maybe the
error is differnet from what you think it is..?

If not, this is strange. I have set countless session vars and forwarded
to different actions and got the variables back fine, so try the following
things:

1. Clean out your work directory, do a full rebuild, restart tomcat and
try again.
2. Check and make sure you are forwarding to something which is still in
the same web context. (recheck the struts-config.xml).

> even with this modified code and not getting a the
> println produced.
> playThis action:
>
>  HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
>     if (session == null)
>       System.out.println("null session");
>     String file =
> (String)session.getAttribute("file");
>
> I confirmed that the file object was in the session
> before the actionMapping.findForward("playThis") and
> with the getSession(false) I am not creating the
> session and should be only retrieving the session I
> confirmed existed and was populated before the
> findForward.  What am I obscenely not recognizing
> here? Many thanks for any enlightenment.

Geeta