struts-user mailing list archives

From rajasekhar.cheruk...@tcs.com
Subject Re: query string parameters problem
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 03:05:30 GMT

Hi,
        You should use
                request.getParameter("name")
                request.getParameter("age")

        to get the values from the request. I don't think the values set
through through query string will be set to ActionForm automatically. In
this case you should explicitly call the setter methods of the ActionForm
and then set the new ActionForm object to session with the same name that
was used in the action element attribute "attribute" in struts-config.xml.

Regards,
Rajasekhar Cherukuri

"R.Vijayaraghavan" <rvijayaraghavan@cdacnoida.in>
10/21/2005 03:40 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
query string parameters problem

Hello,

I have 3 variables, namely age, name and description. I have the values
for
name and age before sending the request. That is, my URL would look like
http://localhost:8080/vijay/submit.do?name=xyz&age=22

I have a form that sets the values of age and name which is then accessed
in
a html page using bean:write. In the html page, the user will enter the
description in the corrosponding textarea.

The action is set to /submit.do. Since I am only sending the description
in
the http request, only the setDescription() method should be called and it
happens so. The problem is when I try to access the age and name variables
from the ActionForm in the Action class, I get null. Why so? I am not
setting age and name after submitting the form, they are already set. The
form is in session scope, so shouldn't it be re-used.

Or am I understanding it in-correctly.

regards,
vijay.

Sorry if the subject of the mail is not proper, I couldn't think of any
other subject.