struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Why I Hate Struts Modules
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:30:21 GMT
At 8:08 AM -0600 10/12/05, Brian Holzer wrote:
>Hey Paul or anyone else,
>    Could you elaborate on Paul's  Berlin Wall comment.  We have just
>started using modules, but haven't come across anything like this yet.

Well, as Paul mentioned, you have to repeat certain things (like
global exception handlers, perhaps common messages in the
message-resources) because Struts essentially assumes that each
module wants nothing to do with any of the other modules.

I've used modules in the past, but I too found the walls too high;
since the only real functionality I wanted was splitting config
files, once I realized there are other ways to do that, I stopped
using modules.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska