struts-user mailing list archives

From "Preston CRAWFORD" <Preston.Crawf...@state.or.us>
Subject Re: Getting at exceptions in Action Classes whenforwardedfromweb.xml?
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 22:57:10 GMT
Right, but even at this point, if I did this, how do I get at the
Exception within the action? The actual exception thrown that lead to a
500 error? That's what I'm trying to figure out. Regardless of how I get
there.

Preston

>>> ahardy.struts@cyberspaceroad.com 10/3/2005 3:55:12 PM >>>
Yes you could do that, or you could try

      <error-page>
          <error-code>404</error-code>
          <location>/error404.do</location>
      </error-page>
      <error-page>
          <error-code>500</error-code>
          <location>/error500.do</location>
      </error-page>

and map them to the same action class with a useful parameter for
mapping.getParameter() - perhaps slightly less coding.