struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Bolsover" <struts-u...@bolsover.com>
Subject Validator - how to check a checkbox
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:16:55 GMT
Hi all

I've done a deal of searching through the archives, looked at the examples -
even read the docs - I'm still stuggling with this...

I need to validate a number of fields in a from; certain fields are required
if a checkbox is checked and should be empty if the checkbox is not checked.

What is the correct syntax in validator.xml?

'date_Shipped' must only be populated if the 'complete' checkbox is checked.

As an example of what I have tried....broken...

<field property="date_Shipped" depends="validwhen">
 <arg0 key="returns.date_Shipped"/>
   <var>
    <var-name>test</var-name>
    <var-value>(complete == 'on')</var-value>
   </var>
</field>

db