struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nandakishore Nekkanti" <nan...@evolveware.com>
Subject Re: Help required with struts for dynamic row addition in jsp
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:03:04 GMT
hi
I am new  to struts.But i did one similar to ur requirement.Here is that
i did that  using <logic:notEmpty>  and <logic:iterate>
Take one bean and set all the properties(all the html  controls)  in that
bean  iterating  through  a loop as many times u can and store them  in one
ArrayList.Use this Arraylist to iterate through  <logic:iterate>.

I hope this can help u.

Rgds

Nanda kishore Nekkanti

Email:  nandan@evolveware.com

There is a  difference  between an objective and actions.Unless you
understand your objective  ,  you will be wasting your time in actions.Know
your objective  first.

                                        --     Swami Vivekananda
----- Original Message -----
From: "Simpy Ahuja" <simpyahuja@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: Help required with struts for dynamic row addition in jsp

Hi Michael!
thanks so much for replying and giving a wonderful example....i would need
to add a set of blank rows to the form on clicking on add button and should
be able to edit the previuos entries as well. Can i get a code for that?
 thanks a ton !
Simpy

 On 11/16/05, Michael Jouravlev <jmikus@gmail.com> wrote:

> Will something like this work:
> http://www.superinterface.com/strutsdialog/crudactionlite.do
>
> or you need in-place editing right in the table?
>
> --
> Struts Dialogs: code-behind for Struts
> http://struts.sourceforge.net/strutsdialogs
>
> On 11/14/05, Simpy Ahuja <simpyahuja@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi!!!
> > Warm Greetings! I am a new user to thsi group...
> > I need help regarding Dynamic addition of rows in jsp within Struts
> > Framework. I have read the below article but it doesnt do the same in
> > Struts.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/browse_thread/threa
d/64e6fe3280e45f9a/dfa5e62b7b8dd3c5?lnk=st&q=struts+dynamic+addition+of+rows
&rnum=1&hl=en#dfa5e62b7b8dd3c5
> > My requirement is to make an interface wherein the Application User
> would
> > get 10 rows at a go for filling the email address and then send
> invitation
> > to those people. He should then be able to add another set of ten rows
> by
> > using add button, that would display a fresh set of blank rows and would
> > also display the previously entered rows in editable form below. As we
> > associate a from property to each row, how can i dynamically add rows?
> > is it by logic:iterate ? can anybody guide me with the code?
> >
> > Simpy Ahuja

Sincerely,
Simpy Ahuja
+919350185502