struts-user mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems with "validwhen"
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 04:11:49 GMT
Mon,

There's two conditions here. The State and Zip are valid (not required) when... Always look
at
this as "valid" not "required"; you need to list out the conditions which will make the validation
pass.

[1] the country is "United States" and *this* is not null
[2] the country is not "United States" and *this* is null

(((*this* != null) && (country=="United States")) || ((*this* == null) &&
(country!="United
States")))

Remember, all your conditions must be wrapped into a parent parantheses.