struts-user mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Runtime debugging - and Painfull Tomcat restarts
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 04:14:00 GMT
Check out your context setting. Set the reloadable attribute to true.

"Set to true if you want Catalina to monitor classes in /WEB-INF/classes/ and /WEB-INF/lib
for
changes, and automatically reload the web application if a change is detected. This feature
is
very useful during application development, but it requires significant runtime overhead and
is
not recommended for use on deployed production applications. That's why the default setting
for
this attribute is false. You can use the Manager web application, however, to trigger reloads
of
deployed applications on demand."

Just don't be too quick. You usually need about 5 seconds between saves for it catch the file
change. If you are too quick, it won't pick it up.