struts-user mailing list archives

From Mon Cab <futo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Runtime debugging - and Painfull Tomcat restarts
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 04:54:23 GMT
Thanks Laurie.

That helps a lot.  I read about the context.xml file,
but couldnt find an example file, and wasn't sure what
to write in it.

After poking around in the conf directory, I was also
confused as to where I would find the host element.

.... do you know if its possible to specify which
parts of the app are reloaded, or will Tomcat, just
reload the whole app ?

--- Laurie Harper <laurie@holoweb.net> wrote:

> There's various options for where you can define a
> context. From the top
> of the page I liked to before:

> In addition to nesting Context elements inside a
> Host element, you can
> also store them:
>
>      * in the individual
> $CATALINA_HOME/conf/context.xml file: the
> Context element information will be loaded by all
> webapps
>      * in the individual

$CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/context.xml.default