struts-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Hamacher <...@qualiads.de>
Subject Re: html:rewrite with params
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:36:22 GMT
Okay - here are some more details:

Let's say I have the following URL: http://somehost/showEntry?entryID=343
I have multilanguage support in my application, so let´s assume, that I click
on the language-button and therefor call the page /switchLanguage.do, which
changes my Locale. The switchLanguage uses the last ActionForward to link
back to the refering page (showEntry). But the problem is, that it doesn't
have the param "entryID" anymore. So the page shows an empty page. As I don't
want to add this parameter in my session-, but in the request scope I have to
remember this param somehow. So I thought if there might be a way to save
this to the ActionForward, because there is no request.setParameter()-Method
anywhere. And I have been told that the reques.getHeader("referer")-solution
is pretty unsafe, because of proxies and firewalls. So I wonder what would be
the best way, as I think refering back to one page and mulit-language-support
should be one of the standard-issues on modern webapplication.

I hope that helps a little..

Thanks
Thomas