struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Mistroni" <mmistr...@waersystems.com>
Subject RE: Menu Layout
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:22:52 GMT
Hello,
	Might be OT, but have you checked Struts-Menu project (in
sourceforge, but a google search will find it)?
It does exactly what you are looking for

HTH
	marco

-----Original Message-----
From: Leahy, Kevin [mailto:Kevin.Leahy@drkw.com]
Sent: 14 November 2005 11:19
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Menu Layout

Does anyone know if the menu elements can be generated dynamically?
In my application I have a menu section called 'My Searches'. This section
is drawn up from the database looking for the current users saved searches.
For each search there are various options e.g. edit/view/delete/add user
etc. For each search the current user may only have permission to do some of
them hence they won't always be displayed.
At the moment I'm using a javascript built menu that defines itself at the
top of the jsp using jstl to build the javascipt elemements, but it looks
pretty messy!
If this struts menu system can do what I want I'd prefer to use that.
Can anyone advise on this?