struts-user mailing list archives

From Hubert Rabago <hrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Configuration is frozen" exception thrown for actionMapping.setScope
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 15:01:08 GMT
On 11/2/05, khan.sajid@wipro.com <khan.sajid@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In our application, we have decided to force all the actions to use the
> request scope. So instead of adding scope ="request" in the <action>
> element in struts-config.xml for each action, we extended the
> RequestProcessor class as below

<snip/>

> 1.Is there any workaround to avoid the "Configuration is frozen"
> exception

This happens when you try to change objects configured through
struts-config after the application has started up.

> 2.Is there any better way to enforce that all the actions to use some
> specific scope (Ex: request)

You can:
1) Implement a plugin that'll loop through the action mappings
configured and change their "scope" value.
2) Override the default ActionMapping class and set its default
"scope" value to request.

I'd probably try option (2).
You can take a look at the struts-examples.war sample application
[included in the struts download] for an example of how this is done.

> Awaiting your replies and Thanks in Advance
>
> Sajid

Hubert