struts-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: html:rewrite with params
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:43:19 GMT
Thomas-
Taking a clue from http://husted.com/struts/tips/011.html
since you know the value of entryID from Querystring
can your form populate a html:hidden value with entryID value
and then reference that value later?
Viel Gluck,
Martin-
----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Hamacher" <tha@qualiads.de>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 4:36 AM
Subject: Re: html:rewrite with params

Okay - here are some more details:

Let's say I have the following URL: http://somehost/showEntry?entryID=343
I have multilanguage support in my application, so let´s assume, that I
click
on the language-button and therefor call the page /switchLanguage.do, which
changes my Locale. The switchLanguage uses the last ActionForward to link
back to the refering page (showEntry). But the problem is, that it doesn't
have the param "entryID" anymore. So the page shows an empty page. As I
don't
want to add this parameter in my session-, but in the request scope I have
remember this param somehow. So I thought if there might be a way to save
this to the ActionForward, because there is no request.setParameter()-Method
anywhere. And I have been told that the reques.getHeader("referer")-solution
is pretty unsafe, because of proxies and firewalls. So I wonder what would
be
the best way, as I think refering back to one page and
mulit-language-support
should be one of the standard-issues on modern webapplication.

I hope that helps a little..

Thanks
Thomas