struts-user mailing list archives

From "alec lee" <alec_...@hotmail.com>
Subject forwardPattern and Action Relaying
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:47:07 GMT
I am using modules and placing my JSPs under /WEB-INF.  My understanding is
that struts support this configuration by using <controller
forwardPattern="/WEB-INF$M$P" > in my struts-config-module.xml to map
forward path to the proper module relative URL.

However, what if now I want to relay from one action to another using the
forward path e.g.

<action path="/actionA"...
  <forward name='...' path="/actionB.do"/>
</action>

<action path="/actionB"...>
..
</action>

The 'path=/actionB' will be replaced by the '/WEB-INF/module/actionB.do'
string due to the forwardPattern string.  If I use contextRelative="true"
e.g.

  <forward name='...' path="/actionB.do" contextRelative="true"/>

The path will be relative to the application rather than the current module.
  What I really need is a way to specify /module/actionB.do.  Can it be
done?  Or, what should be the best practice when using modules with JSP
placed under WEB-INF?