struts-user mailing list archives

From DGra...@EvergreenInvestments.com
Subject Re: [OT]Re: Display data in excel format
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:09:40 GMT
In short, yes.  I've implemented both solutions to effect an editable
"spreadsheet"  component.

-Dennis

Dave Newton <newton@pingsite.com>
11/15/2005 09:56 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [OT]Re: Display data in excel format

DGraham@EvergreenInvestments.com wrote:

>AJAX and a regular html table will accomplish this.
>
>Or maybe the modified DisplayTag:
>http://demo.appfuse.org/appfuse/demos/users-edit.jsp

Either will save the data back to the original database file?

I guess I don't know if the original question was regarding Excel stuff,
or UI stuff.

>  I have an use case. I want to display the data which is coming from
data
>base in excelsheet format in browser. If i insert or modify the rows it
>shoud save back to the database.Please send me the suggestions.

Dave