struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Runtime debugging - and Painfull Tomcat restarts
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 01:32:19 GMT
Mon Cab wrote:
> Is there any way to avoid having to restart Tomcat
> every time a class is recompiled in a webapp.   I am
> debugging a webapp at the moment, and everytime I
> recompile my Action class I am having to wait 1 minute
> for Tomcat to restart.

You can tell Tomcat to make the context reloadable. It'll automatically
redeploy your application whenever it sees a class get updated. That
should be faster than shutting down and restarting the entire container.
See the Tomcat documentation [1] for details -- specifically, the
'reloadable' attribute of the context configuration.

L.

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html