struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Runtime debugging - and Painfull Tomcat restarts
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 03:31:40 GMT
There's various options for where you can define a context. From the top
of the page I liked to before:

----------

In addition to nesting Context elements inside a Host element, you can
also store them:

     * in the individual $CATALINA_HOME/conf/context.xml file: the
Context element information will be loaded by all webapps
     * in the individual
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/context.xml.default file:
the Context element information will be loaded by all webapps of that host
     * in individual files (with a ".xml" extension) in the
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/ directory
     * if the previous file was not found for this application, in
individual file at /META-INF/context.xml inside the application files

So, for example, you can create a file /META-INF/context.xml in your
webapp with something like the following in it:

<Context path="/myapp" debug="0" privileged="true" reloadable="true">

</Context>

L.