struts-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shale] any installation guide and tutorial?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:16:53 GMT
On 11/15/05, pc leung <pingcheungl@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to give it try. But in the documentation web page of shale,
> there is no installation guide. I do not know how to install it. It
> contains api only. Any installation guide or tutorial of using shale
> with myfaces?

For general information on configuring your application to use Shale, see
section 4 of the release-notes-1.0.0.html file that is packaged in the top
level directory of the nightly builds.

Moreover, in the shale-framework, it has a struts-shale-usecases.war.
> I put it in tomcat webapps. It explodes as it should be. To my
> surprise, I find many files with jsp extensions such validator,
> subviews, profile, lookup,...
> I wonder if JSF file does not need to have .jsf as file extension?

By default, JSF assumes that the extension used on your view pages will be
".jsp". Then, you map the Faces servlet to a pattern like "*.faces" (or
*.jsf if you like), which is the URL used to actually request the page.

Craig