struts-user mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.yu>
Subject Re: forcing relative urls from struts instead of the absolute urls!
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 10:06:39 GMT
Max Cooper wrote:
>>>It sounds like your main challenge is that you have requests to a web
>>>server that look like http://web.domain.com/foo/bar/me mapped to an app
>>>deployed on an app server that you might access directly as
>>>http://app.domain.com/me. The app will make site-root relative URLs
>>>like /me/foo.html, and the browser will them make a request to the web
>>>server like http://web.domain.com/me/foo.html which is not what you
>>>want.
>>
>>That is correct.

(I don't have the original message, so I answer to this one)

I have similar problem like you. Applications are deployed as
http://app1.domain.com/ and http://app2.domain.com/ for
production use, and developers deploy them to local Tomcats as
http://localhost:8080/app1/ and http://localhost:8080/app2/.

I found the solution in <html:rewrite> tag, since it will convert
the relative path in JSP to the absolute one. It also does the
URL-rewriting, but I don't mind that.

Did anyone else try this solution?

Ognjen