struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Jas" <djas2...@cinci.rr.com>
Subject Re: Getting list of values from checkboxes
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:11:42 GMT
I doubt this is optimized and was done in Struts 1.1.

I used a map with each entry holding the key for given record in the
database.
Then all the check boxes mapped to the same map, each checkbox with a unique
key.

My input form in the JSP has

<input type="checkbox" name="updateLastMtg(<%= member.getId() %>)"></td>

There is probably a way to get this to work as a Struts Tag.
The value in parens after "updateLastMtg" is what is stored in the map.

My Struts-Config has:

        <form-bean name="MembershipSetLastMeetingForm"
           type="com.jsfg.struts.form.MembershipSetLastMeetingForm">
            <form-property name="updateLastMtg" type="java.lang.String" />
            <form-property name="needMembBadge" type="java.lang.String" />
            <form-property name="meetingMonth" type="java.lang.String" />
            <form-property name="meetingDay" type="java.lang.String" />
            <form-property name="meetingYear" type="java.lang.String" />
        </form-bean>

My Form bean has:

    private final Map updateLastMtg = new HashMap();
    public void setNeedMembBadge(String key, Object value) {
needMembBadge.put(key, value);    }
    public Object getNeedMembBadge(String key) {        return
needMembBadge.get(key);    }
    public Map getMapNeedMembBadge ()    {        return needMembBadge;    }

Then the action just retrieves the map by calling getMapNeedMembBadge () and
iterates through it to get the values.

Dan