struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandre Poitras" <alexandre.poit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: has struts reached the saturation
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 02:58:46 GMT
Anyway, Dakota I don't see the point to continue this argument since I
honestly think you haven't really give a try to JSF or looked deeply
into its design. You have shown more then one time your ignorance
about it. Yes, it is a fallacy, but I am justifying an opinion here
and not a fact ;).

I am not active a lot on this list (Maven 2 has been my favorite toy
lately) but I read it quite often and I have seen you bashing JSF
quite a lot in the last 6 months by making false statements or using
personal attacks. I can't count how many times I have stopped myself
from replying but I think this thread was the good opportunity because
it was questionning Shale pertinence. Spread all the FUD you want but
I think most people know your game now (is it the same expression in
english??) . I have nothing against classic Struts, WebWork or action
frameworks in general (and I deeply respect the people who have put so
much time and efforts in those products). They have served me well in
the past but I find them too much procedural oriented and after having
worked with JSF I am a lot more productive with components oriented
frameworks. I stay here mainly because of Shale, which is a very good
product by the way.

--
Alexandre Poitras
Qu├ębec, Canada