struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alexandre Poitras" <alexandre.poit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why did Struts development stagnate?
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:12:38 GMT
You lack memory Dakota, here's what you just wrote yesterday :

"The hullabaloo, Larry, is about the stability of the platform with a bunch
of committers who don't appear to be up to the job and who are not willing
to look at what went wrong.  The stability of a platform like Struts is a
big deal.  This is a time to decide to go with or to get off the Struts
wagon.  How the committers respond has a lot to do with this."

You just contradicted yourself... But you are so superior to us mere
mortals that I am probably wrong again.

> > On 3/30/06, Dakota Jack <dakota.jack@gmail.com> wrote:  You
> > toadies to the process are the ones that always start this crap.  The truth
> > is that you don't know shit.  If you did, you would be all over this
> > question.  Backward compatibility is never a reason to trash a product.  You
> > go through a process of deprecation.
> >
> > On 3/30/06, Alexandre Poitras <alexandre.poitras@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Don't bother about him Bart. I said it and I will say it again, he is
> > > a troll. I tried to have a constructive discussion with him several
> > > times. It always ends up in personal attacks (go read some books and
> > > come back...) but he is the one never backing up his claims. I am all
> > > for freedom of speech and CONSRUCTIVE CRITICISM but I think people
> > > have been REALLY tolerant with him. I can't count how many times he
> > > bashed Craig freely or any other commiters. It sounds like jalousy to
> > > me. Dakota, this list is owned by Apache and you are a guess here. It
> > > is not an absolute right.
> > >
> > > Honestly, I begin to think Shale should move to another place because
> > > the amount of noise on this list is terrible. I don't write a lot on
> > > this list but I do read it a lot and this noise is getting really out
> > > of control. Thank to 2 guys who have decided Apache doesn't fit their
> > > point of view and therefore anybody who don't think the same way  are
> > > wrong . Here's a clue : you can take the code, evolve it and start
> > > your own community then quite BUGGING US with your childish fights
> > > since you will be so successful.
> > >
> > > By the way, for those who may believe those guys, Struts 1.x didn't
> > > not evolve as fast as WebWork for one reason : API Backward
> > > compatibilit, something very important to frameworks. This is one of
> > > the reason this community is so huge. Is it that hard to understand ?
> > > For instance, it has been well known since a long time that sending an
> > > HttpServletRequest's instance to actions was a bad idea and a neutral
> > > context object should have been used instead but it hasn't been
> > > changed to keep the API consistant. Hence the need for a version 2.0.
> > > WebWork technically already gots it right but always lacked (from what
> > > I heard) a big user community, something Struts has always enjoyed
> > > because of its commitment to backward compatibility. So both
> > > frameworks win in this merge especially given the strong competition
> > > coming from components-oriented frameworks. Technical excellence is
> > > not the only success factor. Only idealists think this way.
> > >
> > > On 3/30/06, Bart Busschots <bart@cs.nuim.ie> wrote:
> > > > Dakota Jack wrote:
> > > >
> > > > >Dion, you are obviously really green.  Please read a bit and then
come
> > > > >back.  Do you have any idea about architecture and design and testing
> > > > >issues?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > This is an example of the kind of post this list could do without. The
> > > > above post basically boils down to:
> > > >
> > > > "you disagree with me so you must be uneducated, go read up some and
> > > > then come talk with the big boys"
> > > >
> > > > I'm sorry but that is just insulting and most un-helpful. Jack, please
> > > > explain your point of view so us mere
> > > > mortals can actually learn something rather than being all smug and
> > > > superior on people who dissagree with
> > > > you.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > Bart.
> > > >
> > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> > > > For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Alexandre Poitras
> > > Québec, Canada
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > --
> > "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it float on its back."
> > ~Dakota Jack~
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Alexandre Poitras
> Québec, Canada
>


--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org


Mime
View raw message