struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <brenmcgu...@tariffenet.it>
Subject Re: tiles : "Path teste does not start with a "/" character"
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:54:03 GMT
vinicius ha scritto:
> but my question still the same:
> I just want to do a forward and change one tile of the layout, so i have to
> especify an action class??
>
> My forward and action:
>   <forward
>              name="institucional"
>              path="/Institucional.do"/>
>
>   <action
>              path="/Institucional"
>              forward=".teste"/>

Short answer: yes.
If you want to forward to a definition, say, in case of "success" or to
another definition on "failure", you have to use an Action and two
forwards, each of them references a different definition.
You are using an ActionForward, it forwards only to ONE destination (in
your case, ONE definition). If you need more control, I am sorry but you
have to use an Action.
Ciao
Antonio