struts-user mailing list archives

From "James Savage" <sa4ns...@gmail.com>
Subject struts validation with tiles
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:04:52 GMT
Hi -

I'm new to Struts and Tiles.  I am trying to use Struts validation in a form
with Tiles.  I have a simple form with a textbox.  If a user fails to enter
something in the textbox, on submit, a message is returned to the form.
This part is working fine.  I am also using Tiles with a header, footer, and
menu.  The form sits in the middle of the page, to the right of the menu and
between the header and footer.  When a user enters something into the
textbox on the form, a form bean is populated and a forward action in
struts-config calls another jsp which display the results.  All of this
works fine.  However, when a validation error message is returned (because
nothing was entered), only the form with the validation message is
displayed, but not the Tiles header, footer and menu.  Is there something
else I need to do to get the form with a validation message to appear with
the Tiles header, footer and menu displayed (ie, so the user can try again)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim