struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dharmendra Singh" <nicedha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Beginner's question on Struts and JSP
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 04:27:19 GMT
It is little complex to extract data from database on to jsp page.I would
say that Go ahead step by step. I am sure will get touch with struts.
Step1.

You create ActionFrombean class (getter & setter methods).
2)
make a connection pool with database by using struts-config file(Datasource
elements);
3)declare bean class in form-bean section.
4) Create Action class & use connection pool in this class.Extract field
from database & put in setter methods & then put in ArrayList or Vector
whichever u think suitable.
& add in to session. return ActionForward.
5)Declare the Action class & formbean's logical name.
& forward name & jsp page
6) Create jsp page & use <logic:iterate> tag & <bean:write> tags.

If u go through this process , I am sure u will get ur desired results.If u
have any problem , feel free to contact.
09818760086