struts-user mailing list archives

From "ben.christenson" <ben.christen...@kineticdata.com>
Subject Struts Equiv to RoR's controller, action, id
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:43:21 GMT

Hello all,

I am relatively new to stuts, and reading madly trying to absorb enough to
become proficient.  I have worked a bit with Ruby on Rails, and like quite a
few of their paradigms, however Ruby is far from an accepted solution for
the company I work with.  One of the things I really liked about Ruby on
Rails was their concept of a controller/action/id.  Is there a way in struts
to use part of the url to define what method to use and a parameter?  For
example, if I wanted to retrieve information on a company with id=001, I
would like to use the url
http://www.mywebsitehere.com/companies/getcompany/001.

Thanks,
Ben