struts-user mailing list archives

From "ben.christenson" <ben.christen...@kineticdata.com>
Subject Re: Struts Equiv to RoR's controller, action, id
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:21:40 GMT

OK, I have your first example working, and as you said it has gottem me
almost there.  However, I have a few things that I am getting caught on for
the second example.  First, you mention that the ability to use wildcards in
a set-property element is new to Struts 1.3, however I can't find any
information or source for that version (outside of the version notes on the
main struts sight).  Can you let me know where to find this?  Second, I
don't think I have a very firm grasp of how "properties" are used in Struts.
I have done some web searches, but most are just setting properties for
already existing classes.  Can you explain a bit more about how properties
are typically used and specifically how to access them from within a
DispatchAction?

Thanks,
Ben