struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Modularized app and hiding JSPs
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:05:31 GMT
Alan, did you know that you can have multiple config files without
resorting to modules?  I ask because I've found in my experience that
many times people use modules without knowing that, and make life more
difficult for themselves.

As for hiding JSPs in WEB-INF, if memory serves, they are only
inaccessible from external requests, i.e., I believe you can still
forward to them, just not redirect.  So, make sure all requests go
through Struts (i.e., no JSP directly references another JSP), and I
believe you'll get what you want (hint: use ForwardAction for those JSPs
you would normally reference directly).

Frank

Alan Treece wrote:
> Maybe this is simple, but then again may it's not... I've got a Struts
> app that I'm breaking up onto modules so that I can keep the configs
> seperate. The JSP files are already seperated out into different
> directories, but what I want to do is hide all of them in the WEB-INF
> directory. I know that I need to add WEB-INF that to the path so that
> the framework can find the JSP's, but this doesn't seem to play well
> with the modules..
>
> If I activate an action in one of the modules... like
> /search/startsearch.do then the framework looks for the jsp in
> /search/WEB-INF/jsp/... I can do a hack and create a search directory
> and then link /search/WEB-INF back to the "real" WEB-INF directory, but
> I'd rather not. Am I missing a configuration option that will eliminate
> this problem?
>

> Thanks, ajTreece

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect