struts-user mailing list archives

From "M.Liang Liu " <patriot...@gmail.com>
Subject Data-sources using struts:Tomcat's or NOT?
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 01:45:36 GMT
I am a freshman to struts.
And now I got a problem to make my decision which data-source should I
choose.

The  point is as following:
  I created a project via myeclipse using Tomcat 5.5.X as the web
server.Asa result,I can use the Tomcat data-source related to JNDI:
     Step1.define the Resource in the Server.xml under the folder
%Tomcat_Home%\conf\
     Step2.define the Resource-ref in the web.xml of the very project I
created .
And I find  it works well.

When I started to learn struts,I found that I can define the data-source in
the struts-config.xml.What has confused me is that it is an absolutely new
one different from Tomcat's.

My question is that: Which one is better namely more effective´╝čWhich one is
deprecated?Or both are OK?

Any pointers would be appreciated.