struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: .NET/WebServices/Java
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:22:25 GMT
> > Is there a way that I can have a Struts application that services a .NET
> > view, Struts controller, and Struts model objects?

If you need to render an ASPX page, then either ASP.NET or MONO needs
to be in the picture. Right now, I don't know of a way to run both
ASP.NET and J2SE in the same application space. They could both use a
common set of web services. I do know people who use ASP.NET to create
web services, and then use a Java web framework on the front end.

If the situation is that you have business logic trapped in Struts
Actions that you want to access from an ASPX application, then you
might be able to create web service to front the Action, and have the
ASPX application access the web service. (The inverse of what I
mentioned before.)

One effort in that regard is

* http://sourceforge.net/projects/strutsws

If you are developing an ASPX application, I've found the Spring.NET
framework very userful in my own work.

* http://springframework.net/

HTH, Ted.