struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dilip Ladhani" <dilip.ladh...@gmail.com>
Subject bean:define in including jsp
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:02:41 GMT
Hey guys,

We us Struts with tiles and here is something, I am having some trouble
with.

I have a main jsp (a.jsp). This jsp includes a few other jsps (using
<tiles:insert
attribute="b"/>, where b=b.jsp).

Now, if I have a bean:define in a .jsp (eg  <bean:define name="aForm"
property="prop" id="prop1" />), prop1 is usable in a.jsp, but not in
b.jsp(the included or inserted jsp). Is this because, the tiles stuff
is
evaluated before the struts tags?

If so, how can I have a bean:define in an including jsp, which can be used
in all the included jsps? If I add this bean :define,  in b.jsp, it is
obviously accessible in b.jsp, but I don't want to add bean:define in every
included jsp .

thanks,