struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mário Lopes" <mario.lo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some questions
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 15:43:45 GMT
On 4/5/06, Michael Jouravlev <jmikus@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why would not you use one of existing CRM frameworks?

It's supposed to develop a custom CRM solution from scratch. But is
there any Free/Open Source CRM framework available?

> > And how easy is it to use AJAX along with JSF? I don't have any
> > experience with JSF but I've seen a friend of mine drag & dropping
> > like in .NET. I'm not an apologist of WebForms. But if JSF eases AJAX
> > I'll certainly consider it as a valid choice.
>
> I don't think that conceptually it is easier, people just work on JSF
> stuff more than on Struts stuff. Also, depends on your understanding
> of Ajax. Dragging and dropping during design time has nothing to do
> with dragging and dropping during runtime. And finally, .Net is not a
> web framework.

My understanding of AJAX is the following: XmlHttpRequest to update
certain content. Obviously that if it's easy to integrate with
Javascript libraries like prototype, the better. Kind of like Ruby on
Rails that makes AJAX a matter of 2 lines (including adding effects!).

Regards,

Mário