struts-user mailing list archives

From "Vinit Sharma" <vini...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bean:define in including jsp
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:14:57 GMT
Hi Dilip,

You can define the bean in tiles def to use it across the pages.

The <put> tag is used to associate a value to an attribute. It allows
specifying the attribute name and its value. The attribute value will be
retrieved by its name.
The value can be specified in several ways:
> as a bean defined in some scope:
<tiles:put name="title" beanName="aBean"
beanScope="page|request|application|tiles"/>
The bean identified by "beanName" is retrieved, and its value used as
attribute value.
"beanScope" is optional, if not specified, bean is searched for in scopes in
the following
order: page, request and application. Scope "tiles" means the current Tile's
context (if
any). In this case, "beanName" identifies a Tile attribute name.
> as property of a bean defined in some scope:
<tiles:put name="title" beanName="aBean" beanProperty="aProperty"
beanScope="page|request|application|tiles"/>
This is a variant of the previous case. The value is not the retrieved bean,
but the returned value of the specified bean property.

OR

you can also explore topic 1.2.5 here:
http://struts.apache.org/struts-action/struts-tiles/userGuide.html

HTH,