struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some questions
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:16:05 GMT
On 4/5/06, Mário Lopes <mario.lopes@gmail.com> wrote:

> And how easy is it to use AJAX along with JSF? I don't have any
> experience with JSF but I've seen a friend of mine drag & dropping
> like in .NET. I'm not an apologist of WebForms. But if JSF eases AJAX
> I'll certainly consider it as a valid choice.

<commercial>
It's pretty easy.  If you install Java Studio Creator 2[1], you can also
download a library of AJAX-enabled sample components that encapsulate all
the JS/DHTML complexity, but leverage the drag-n-drop user experience
Creator provides for any other JSF component.

We're adding to this library with components that wrap widgets from the DOJO
toolkit (I don't want to write all that javascript code either :-), which is
a good strategy ... the JSF renderer can basically emit the code to create
the corresponding DOJO object and asking it to render itself, rather than
doing all the markup itself.
</commercial>

Kind Regards,

> Mário Lopes