struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shale] JSF AJAX components using Shale
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 00:24:52 GMT

> [snip]
> What I don't like on that bean is, that it creates via
> javax.faces.context.ResponseWriter the markup (here a xml list). Just
> my $0.02

Just FYI, using a response writer is optional.  The handler function has the
responsibility to create the response -- whatever technique you want to use
is fine.  But if you *are* emitting dynamically constructed XML, response
writer is handy for the same reasons it is handy when writing a renderer.
Most importantly, it deals with all the stuff like embedded quote characters
in attribute values.

-Matthias

Craig