struts-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Kindler" <kindl...@arcor.de>
Subject AW: How to POST data to an external site from an action?
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 19:59:09 GMT
Michael,

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

it does not :-), but first the payment service I want to implement is passed
an URL and sessionID from my app where it is redirecting (sending) my
customer back, after the payment is validated (or not). Second, I would
prefer control the change by an action in my app (this is what my question
is about). Even then my app only knows about it when the user comes back via
the payment service.

> > This means two clicks by the user for just selecting a payment
> > service. I do want to make a one-click procedure from this.
> A solution
> > found by googling automates the second submit by
> javascript. This is
> > what I now have implemented. The question is: is there a
> more elegant
> > way?
> >
> > If I use any of the http client approaches (either using
> java.net or
> > commons
> > httpclient) I get the response somewhere in my action, but
> it should be in
> > the user's browser.
> > Probably one could say that I need sort of (transparent) proxy like
> > behaviour.
>
> Yep, your action behaves as proxy. Also, your application is
> in the know of what is happening.

Well, it must behave like a proxy. Are there any examples how to do this? Or
some supporting software?
I surely can pass the response (i. e. the received HTML) to my customer, but
he should not be aware that that it is "my proxy".

Martin