struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Jouravlev" <jmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: request scope & paging
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 17:22:07 GMT
On 5/3/06, Y. Thomas Gan <ygan@pcbi.upenn.edu> wrote:
> Is there a way in struts to chain a series of requests (paging through a
> list) and pass data through request scope?
> In my scenario, I keep the a result list in session, but this prevents
> me from opening two windows (same session)
> and paging through two different lists (one in each window)
> independently. Thanks in advance for insights. -Thomas

If you have one list but you want to see different pages in different
windows, pass page number parameter in request, and set list offset
somewhere in the request as well.

If you want to have two different session-scoped lists, then you need
to take care of it yourself. Obviously, you cannot store one list on
an actionform, so you either store a collection of lists, or you store
a nested container object, that in turn contains the collection of
lists. The container would take a list ID and maybe a page number as
parameters, and returns a particular list and maybe an offset in the
list.

Unless you have a Javascript hooked up to window close event, you
cannot detect when a list is not needed anymore, so you can set a
limit for number of simultaneously created lists.

Michael.