struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Jouravlev" <jmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: request scope & paging
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 19:52:19 GMT
On 5/3/06, Y. Thomas Gan <ygan@pcbi.upenn.edu> wrote:
> Dave Newton wrote:
> > Kyle W. Cartmell wrote:
> >
> >> I understand the concept behind this, but does anyone actually use
> >> this in production code? Seems more trouble than it's worth since the
> >> user could simply start multiple sessions.
> >>

> > How? Isn't that browser-dependent?
> >
> And OS dependent too. On a Mac (which is what many of our user use) or
> linux, you can not  start two windows
> on different sessions from the same browser, while on Windows, I can
> easily start two windows on one or two sessions.

You can configure MSIE (at least on Windows) to either start a new
process for a new window (default), or to run all windows in one
process. MSIE associates session with a process.

> Instead of saving result list in session, we decided to carry all form
> inputs through request params from page to page
> and make the result for that page.
>
> Thanks all for responding.

This ties your second action to the first action, so your second
action won't work properly if you navigate to it directly, just by
typing its address in the browser, because it won't have needed
parameters. I guess this is ok with you.