struts-user mailing list archives

From "Braun, James F" <BRA...@polaroid.com>
Subject jsessionid problem fix for weblogic servers
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 15:55:41 GMT
I had a problem with jsessionid trashing all my images and urls until I
refreshed my browser. Ted Husted points out this phenomenon on page 66
of SIA.

The symptom is that ;jsessionid=<~long id string here> is appended to
urls which confuses the weblogic app server.

The fix for weblogic is to add the following to the weblogic.xml file

  <session-descriptor>
    <session-param>
      <param-name>URLRewritingEnabled</param-name>
      <param-value>false</param-value>
    </session-param>
  </session-descriptor>

I'm sending out this solution because it has been a repeated subject on
this list. Should I put it in the wiki?

J.

J. Braun
Polaroid Corp.
Waltham MA USA
+1 (781) 386 6871
braunj@polaroid.com

java, sql, xml, jsp, eeuts

--
This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
information that is proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the