struts-user mailing list archives

From "Y. Thomas Gan" <y...@pcbi.upenn.edu>
Subject Re: request scope & paging
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 19:00:37 GMT
Dave Newton wrote:
> Kyle W. Cartmell wrote:
>
>> I understand the concept behind this, but does anyone actually use
>> this in production code? Seems more trouble than it's worth since the
>> user could simply start multiple sessions.
>>

> How? Isn't that browser-dependent?

And OS dependent too. On a Mac (which is what many of our user use) or
linux, you can not  start two windows
on different sessions from the same browser, while on Windows, I can
easily start two windows on one or two sessions.

Instead of saving result list in session, we decided to carry all form
inputs through request params from page to page
and make the result for that page.

Thanks all for responding.