struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle W. Cartmell" <KyleCartm...@FirstFinance.org>
Subject Re: validation breaks my form prepopulation
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 20:27:42 GMT
I did some tinkering and found that even though my setup action is
indeed associated with a form bean, and my reset method is defined and
sets my values to null, when I return to an action from a validation
failure or forwarded from another action, the form that I originally
used to populate the data on that page is present and intact.

1. Is it reasonable to simply make use of this mechanic to allow this
data to persist?

2. I find that I am shocked by some astounding discovery regarding
Struts functionallity, and I have gone through all of the documentation
on the website, can anyone direct me toward comprehensive (or as close
as possible) documentation of Struts internals in hopes that I can stop
posting silly questions here and not have to resort to reading source?

Thanks everyone!