struts-user mailing list archives

From "王曾wang_zeng" <wangzengveryc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where dose JSP works in JSF request lifecycle?
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 23:48:54 GMT
2006/4/28, Craig McClanahan <craigmcc@apache.org>:

> You are correct.  There is special handling defined in the Restore View
> phase.  If that phase discovers that there is no state to be restored
> , then JSF will immediately forward to Render Response phase.
>
> So, how do you make sure that the right dynamic data gets loaded so that
> the
> page displays the right stuff?  That's where Shale comes in handy.  If
> your
> backing bean implements the ViewController interface, then prerender()
> will
> get called just before the JSP page is invoked.  This is the perfect place
> to grab any data you need from your database to display the requested
> page.
>
> Craig

Craig, When the page is first viewed,If I want to dynamically set the inital
value of the property  of  the UI component (for exsample, text of a
textbox), how can I set the value of it. Even if I crab the data in
prerender() method, how can I get the reference to the component without a
tree in session, when Restore the View phase is skiped.
--
Wang Zeng