struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ed Griebel" <edgrie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Validator rules not loaded
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 15:34:51 GMT
You probably have some kind of typo in your DTD specification in
validation.xml or validator-rules.xml, as most modern appservers will
pull DTDs out of jars. Ensure that commons-validator.jar is included
in your war/ear file.

Also, if validator rules are so critical to security, you should
probably throw an exception at app startup (in an app context
listsener) so the app won't even be out there if the validation rules
are not loaded.

-ed