struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: WebApp Cannot seem to locate Resource Bundle
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 19:26:53 GMT
Do you have the properties file (MessageResources.properties) deployed
in the correct directory (com/xxx/i18nMessages) somewhere on your
classpath? Either under WEB-INF/classes, or within a jar in WEB-INF/lib?

Does the properties file actually contain an entry with the key
'loginEntry.userName'?

Have you checked the logs during startup? Does Struts find and
successfully load the properties file you specified?

You don't mention which version of Struts you're using; most of the
servlet config params you listed are no longer used in recent releases,
though as long as you have the <message-resources/> tag in
struts-config.xml it shouldn't hurt to have them.

L.

Pat Slater wrote:
> I also have a message resource entry in struts-config.xml file:
> <message-resources parameter="com.xxx.i18nMessages.MessageResources" />
>
> Pat Slater <pslater33@yahoo.com> wrote: I have defined Action Servlet configuration
in web.xml as:

>      action
>      org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet
>

> application
>
> com.xxx.i18nMessages.MessageResources
>

> config
>

> /WEB-INF/conf/struts-config.xml
>

> debug
>

> 2
>

> detail
>

> 2
>

>      2
>

>  But, when I put this into a jsp page:
>  <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/conf/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
>

>  then, I the exception:
>  ERROR - ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(719) | Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw
exception
>  javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key "loginEntry.userName"
>
>  ERROR - InsertTag$InsertHandler.doEndTag(922) | ServletException in '/WEB-INF/tiles/login/loginFields.jsp':
Missing message for key "loginEntry.userName"
>  javax.servlet.ServletException: Missing message for key "loginEntry.userName"
>
>  My struts app cannot seem to resolve the loginEntry.userName key-value pair for some
reason.... Need help on this. Thank you very much

> Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries for just 2�/min with
Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.