struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gary Feidt" <Gary.Fe...@childrensmn.org>
Subject Re: jsessionid problem fix for weblogic servers
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 17:18:21 GMT
Does version of WebLogic does this work for?

Gary

>>> BRAUNJ@polaroid.com 5/2/2006 10:55:41 AM >>>
I had a problem with jsessionid trashing all my images and urls until
refreshed my browser. Ted Husted points out this phenomenon on page 66
of SIA.

The symptom is that ;jsessionid=<~long id string here> is appended to
urls which confuses the weblogic app server.

The fix for weblogic is to add the following to the weblogic.xml file

  <session-descriptor>
    <session-param>
      <param-name>URLRewritingEnabled</param-name>
      <param-value>false</param-value>
    </session-param>
  </session-descriptor>

I'm sending out this solution because it has been a repeated subject
on
this list. Should I put it in the wiki?

J.

J. Braun
Polaroid Corp.
Waltham MA USA
+1 (781) 386 6871
braunj@polaroid.com

java, sql, xml, jsp, eeuts

--
This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named
herein and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential

Confidentiality Statement:
This email/fax, including attachments, may include confidential
and/or proprietary information and may be used only by the
person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of
this email/fax is not the intended recipient or his or her
agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email/fax is prohibited. If you
have received this email/fax in error, please notify the sender
by replying to this message and deleting this email or
destroying this facsimile immediately.