struts-user mailing list archives

From Maya menon <maya_j...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Global forwards and actions
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:12:26 GMT
Ok, for delete.jsp I put action="delete.do"
  form.action="Delete.do";
  form.submit();

  In struts-config.xml, I put

  <action path="/Delete"
  type="com.xx.xxx.xxx.xxxAction" >
  <forward name="success" path="/jsp/success.jsp"/>
  <forward name="failure" path="/jsp/failure.jsp"/>
  </action>

  Now, when I run, it it gives me the following error:
  type Status report
  message Invalid path /jsp/Delete was requested
  description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Invalid path /jsp/Delete
was requested).

  What am I missing here ?

Maya menon <maya_java@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Manoj,

Thanks.
So, just 2 action entries r fine, thats what you think.

manoj.tripathi@bt.com wrote:
Sample config

Note the following
1. This is a typical example modify according to your need
2. Name of the form is addForm and deleteForm in the xml above (You can change as you want)
3. Ask questions I will answer them all (not much work to do today)
4. Path in action mappings can be tile if that is the case you will need a tile definition
as well or a jsp page(not a good idea to use jsp)
5. Optional: good idea to have all these xml files per struts module
Hope that helps
Manoj