struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <brenmcgu...@tariffenet.it>
Subject Re: Global forwards don't support Tiles definitions?
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 08:27:19 GMT
Scott Van Wart ha scritto:
> <logic:forward name="main" />

http://struts.apache.org/struts-action/struts-taglib/tlddoc/logic/forward.html

<snip>
*Note*: forwarding to Tiles definitions is not supported from this tag.
You should forward to them from an Action subclass.
</snip>

http://struts.apache.org/struts-action/struts-taglib/tlddoc/html/link.html
This one has not a comment like in <logic:forward>, this sounds strange...

> The following DOES work, but it might be nice to use global forwards
> so I don't stick ActionForms all over the place (and this still
> wouldn't solve the html:link issue):
>
> <action path="/login" type="org.nothing.LoginAction" name="loginForm"
> scope="request" validate="true" input="/login.jsp">
>  <forward name="success" path="page.main" redirect="true" />
>  <forward name="failure" path="/login.jsp" />
> </action>
>
> Any ideas?  Thanks!

Could you make a test? In your /login action try to forward to a global
forward to see if it works, so we can see if it is a generic global
forward problem or only a problem with some struts-html tags.
Ciao
Antonio